· The Unpaid County, Municipal, and School Real Property taxes are turned over to the Tax Claim Bureau in January 2012 and will be available to pay at the Tax Claim Bureau after February 1, 2012.
· Costs and penalties have been added to the taxes but not interest.
· The Dauphin County Commissioners and all Taxing Authorities have granted an interest-free grace period for all 2011 delinquent taxes. If the tax is paid before April 1, 2012 no interest will be added.
· All property owners with unpaid 2011 taxes will receive a letter from the Tax Claim Bureau the week of February 13. The letter will explain the interest-free grace period and provide the amount due.
· Property owners can make payments on 2011 delinquent tax in any amounts until June 30, 2013. To avoid the property being offered for sale at the 2013 Upset Tax Sale, any remaining 2011 and prior tax balance must be paid in full by September 2013. No special arrangements are necessary to make these payments. Interest will accrue monthly on any unpaid balance at the rate of ¾% per month.
· If taxes levied prior to 2011 are in arrears those taxes must be paid in full before any 2011 taxes.